All hosts template trick not working

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Nov 16 16:58:43 CET 2006

It would still work. There was nothing new introduced with 2.0 along
these lines.

> Serveur-Faucon Surveillance wrote:
> > Here :
> >
> > http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/templatetricks.html#hostgroup
> >
> > on the official Nagios documentation, there is a template trick for
> creating a hostgroup that has all hosts.
> >
> > define hostgroup{
> >        hostgroup_name          TOUTESLESMACHINES
> >        alias                   TOUTESLESMACHINES
> >        members                 *
> >        }
> >
> > But it does not work. Someone has find a trick for that?

All your hosts are not in the TOUTESLESMACHINES hostgroup or the logo
below doesn't appear? I would expect this to work. I'm not aware of this
ever _not_ working.

> > The idear is to have the PNP graphs
> (http://www.ederdrom.de/doku.php/nagios/pnp_en) logo beside every
hosts.

Adding a host to a hostgroup doesn't add any icons/logos ever. I've not
used PNP but the docs show that you need a serviceextinfo{} definition.
That's what causes the display of the icon. Do you have those
definitions?

--
Marc