nagios2 stops checking

frank ratty at they.org
Wed Nov 15 18:54:08 CET 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Jörgen Hägg wrote:

> Something strange happens sometimes to a service.
>
> I got a warning that was checked  09:41:36. Next scheduled active
> check was due for 09:42:36.
>
> But there was no further check done, it is now more than four hours
> since the last check. I can confirm it because I'm running
> nagios-grapher and it has no data after 09:41.
>
> The warning disappeared after I manually re-scheduled next check of the
> service.

I've seen the same problem on 2.0b4 (yes, I know I need to upgrade, but
try to convince upper management that it's a good idea and they'll read
you the riot act.) Passive checks continued to be handled properly and the
status.dat file was being updated on a regular basis so the check_nagios
plugin was useless to determine any error. But all active checks stopped
dead. This has happened more than once. I don't think I was able to
un-wedge it by forcing a new check tho. I'll try that next time it
happens.