nagios startup options

Donnell Lewis donnell.lewis at icoretechnology.com
Tue Nov 14 21:03:22 CET 2006

Well,

This would solely depend on what distro you are running it on I would
imagine.  I run mine on redhat, so when I installed it it put the proper
files in the /etc/rc.d directories and /etc/init.d and all I had to do
was chkconfig --add nagios.

Not sure what distro you are using but you could add it to your init/rc
directories the old POSIX way if you aren't using a package manager or
service control files, otherwise you could start it up in /etc/rc.local
file.

As for making sure to restart if it dies, well, that could be done by
writing a little bash script that check to see if the nagios process
itself is running and if not start it up through the service control or
command line string.

You really needed to provide a little more info like what distro etc you
are running, but that's the gist of it.

-Donnell Lewis