NDOutils-1.3.1 nebmodule_init problem

Knepp Jon - jknepp Jon.Knepp at acxiom.com
Tue Nov 14 19:17:41 CET 2006

Sorry for the resend. There were no responses from my initial submission
last week so I thought I'd give this one more go...

I am receiving the following error in my nagios.log file on startup:

[1163011077] ndomod: NDOMOD 1.3.1 Copyright (c) 2005-2006 Ethan Galstad
(nagios at nagios.org)

[1163011077] Error: Function nebmodule_init() in module
'/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o' returned an error.  Module will be
unloaded.

[1163011077] Event broker module '/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o'
deinitialized successfully.

The good news is that ndo2db appears to be running properly as I was
able to use the log2ndo command from the ndoutils-1.3.1/src/ directory
to load my nagios.log file into my MySQL database without error. I have
also verified that my nagios executable was properly compiled with Event
Broker support as it was able to successfully load the helloworld.o
module included in the nagios-2.5/module/ directory, generating the
successful helloworld.o module load messages in the nagios.log file.
After multiple successful and uneventful compilings of the ndomod.o (ala
ndomod-2x.o variety) with "./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql
--disable-pgsql" the only thing that continues to elude me is a
successful initialization of the ndomod.o at nagios startup. I would
greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.