A question regarding nagios-statd-{client, server} and NRPE

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Tue Nov 14 19:05:49 CET 2006

Just as a small preamble, I'm running Debian.

I've recently acquired some new machines, and I'm upgrading them all to
Nagios2.5.  I've noticed that in the old Nagios configs, there are
references to commands that call /usr/bin/nagios-stat (for example,
check_disk_statd:  /usr/bin/nagios-stat -d $ARG1$ disk $HOSTADDRESS$).
 From what I've been able to ascertain, this binary utility shipped with
nagios-statd-client.  However, nagios-statd-client depends on the
"nagios" package.  Since I have nagios2 installed and not nagios, I
cannot install nagios-statd-client as the dependencies aren't met.

I did, however, see that there is a plugin called NRPE, which doesn't
depend on nagios2...and I'm thinking this might be what I need.  So, I
guess my question is, "What package(s) is/are meant to replace
nagios-statd-client for nagios2?"

I'm doing my best to seamlessly transition, but I need the check
commands that rely on the binaries that seem to be associated with
nagios-statd-client.  Any advice/suggestions?  Thanks alot in advance,

Best Regards,
Ryan

--
Ryan Steele
Systems Administrator               steele at agora-net.com
AgoraNet, Inc.                      (302) 224-2475
314 E. Main Street, Suite 1         (302) 224-2552 (fax)
Newark, DE 19711                    http://www.agora-net.com