NRPE Disk check problem, indoes 100%

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Nov 14 17:55:47 CET 2006

The short answer is that you have reached the maximum number of files
those partitions will support based on how you formatted them. You need
to either remove files from the partitions, expand the partitions which
would also expand the inode pool or re-format them with a higher inode
density. Clearly the first is easiest.

I consider it unusual to hit max inodes under normal circumstances. Do
you have an unusual number of files on those filesystems? Note that
/dev/shm is a special filesystem and can't be modified. I believe
check_disk ignores it.

A longer description of inodes is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inode.

--
Marc