REPOST -- Nagios 2.x and NRPE 1.x

Fri Nov 10 14:21:36 CET 2006

Hi Andrew,

I'm afraid I only started on Nagios 2.4 but I'm answering this to give
you some food for thought until someone more knowledgeable finds the
info out.

The check_nrpe plugin is executed on the Nagios host, and is built from
the NRPE source code.
Therefore if you build NRPE 1.x, you'll get a check_nrpe 1.x script
built to run on your Nagios server.

As long as it returns the same return codes Nagios 2.x is expecting (0 =
ok, 1 = warning, 2 = failed, 3 = unknown), I would assume you could run
the check_nrpe 1.x script on your Nagios 2.x server to read from a
check_nrpe 1.x client machine.

Andy.