Problem with cfg_dir

Joerg Hartmann Joerg.Hartmann at mercateo.com
Fri Nov 10 11:43:53 CET 2006

Hello,

i tried to change the location of the config files of a good working
Nagios 2.5-Installation.
I put a # in front of all cfg_file= parameter in nagios.cfg and
wrote two new lines with cfg_dir=

cfg_dir=/etc/nagios/Global
cfg_dir=/etc/nagios/LiveSystem

After that i moved all *.cfg files (except nagios.cfg) from /etc/nagios
to the two new directories.
The reason is a project to install some more nagios servers for
distributed monitoring with one central server and some remote nagios
machine in different locations.

Unfortunatly i can not get this to work. A quick test showed:

Reading configuration data...

Error: Unexpected token or statement in file
'/etc/nagios/Global/cgi.cfg' on line 15.

The cgi.cfg is a known good working one, without Non-ASCII Chars etc.!
If i take the cgi.cfg away the same error is shown with resource.cfg or
any other cfg file. The only difference is then the line number of the
error. It is always the first non-comment line.

Google had no help for me, so i hope someone on the list can point me to
the right direction ...
Thanks.

regards
               Joerg