Looking-Glass Beta-testers: critical bug

Fri Nov 10 00:21:38 CET 2006

True, however it states in the config file that this variable is only to
be used if it's not possible to set the authentication in Apache's
config using the allow,deny directives.  This is the preferred method,
and that's why you can zero out the array.

The scenario NLG was designed for was when the Nagios server is not
accessible from a public network (such as the Internet), but you want to
give an interface to customers to check server status etc, so really
this is mainly a paranoid safety check.

I do, however, see your point, and I'll perhaps make it so that if no
hosts are specified, by definition only 127.0.0.1 is allowed to connect
(as this will account for 'same-server' installs of NLG), and then add a
"$EnableIPcheck" variable.