Another one statusmap.cgi needed

magic_rooter magic.rooter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 21:13:40 CET 2006

Hello everyone!

The problem is in self-made( user-supplied) map.I have very many hosts
in my network. More than 1000. And it is not the limit.
There is no place on the screen for the half of my hosts! On the
circular maps objects gather in non-readable heap. On the balanced
tree map for example the page is very long. I have to scroll a lot to
reach the right (left) corner of my network.

I have the task from my boss -  to draw our own map, in order to see
all of the monitored hosts and routers on the screen WITHOUT scrolling
and large heap, where we see almost nothing. It is very important for
comfortable monitoring in our enterprise.

So, what I need?
I need to make something like hyperlink to another web page with
statusmap. For example, from main router to its subnetwork, which is
large.
So have I to create another map? But how? Statusmap is the cgi
program, not html page

By another words I want to have some more layout methods except
already existing.
Where these layers are described in Nagios? Can I add my own methods
(in other words -  my additional maps) somewhere? Or the only way is
to insert changes to the source code of statusmap.cgi?
Is it available for us, nagios administrators?

Help me please, you are the last hope:(.