check_by_ssh

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Thu Nov 9 17:01:02 CET 2006

Trying to use check_by_ssh and can't seem to get the -C argument right.
I am getting a WARNING with this:

Bad escape character ' 60 -F /var/spool/nagios/nagios.log -C /usr/local/bin/nagios'

This is the way I have my checkcommand and service setup, I tried
without the single quotes and it gave me an UNKNOWN error. I also tried
breaking the check_by_ssh arguments up into three checkcommand arguments
and tried passing three different arguments with the service, no help.

# 'check_by_ssh' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_by_ssh
        command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C '$ARG1$'
        }

define service{
          use                   generic-service
          hostgroup_name        nagios-servers
          service_description   NAGIOS
          contact_groups        admins
          check_command         check_by_ssh!-e 60 -F /var/spool/nagios/nagios.log -C/usr/local/bin/nagios
        }

When I run from the command line, all works. This is the first time I've
tried to use check_by_ssh, would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks in advance!

--
Robert