Problems with new hosts

Giles Coochey GilesC at CarmenMedia.com
Thu Nov 9 13:52:15 CET 2006

	Good Morning!

	I´m having problems with new hosts that I recently add in my conf files.

	The hosts just appears sometimes in the nagios web interface, so I have to press F5 and cross my fingers.... It´s so strange.

	I don't know if there is something about the authentication in cgi, because these problems starts when I enable it, so all the hosts that I add before this change has this problem.

	I try to disable the authentication, but the problem consists.

	Thanks!
	--
	Thiago da Silveira
	thiagodasilveira at gmail.com

Hi Thiago,

Check how many nagios processes you have.

This behaviour is sometimes caused by nagios not shutting down correctly when you restart it and you have a nagios process running with a cached old configuration in it.

I also stop nagios, check it has stopped then restart it to avoid this problem.

Thanks

Giles