[New-be problem] Two sights reporting UNREACHABLE

dpillen at millardref.com dpillen at millardref.com
Mon Nov 6 20:07:14 CET 2006

Hi list
I just setup my first Nagios 2.5 server on a Suse10 server, with 139
Hosts and 209 services for starters.
The problem I'm experiencing is that I have two sights  one in Toronto
and the other in Jackson that keep report "UNREACHABLE" on the hosts and
OK on the Status when I'm looking in the Service Detail listing.
The Ping service shows good data but show it as Critical in the Host
State Information screen?!?
I have set up all my other sights up the same way and they show up good
both host and services.
Is there something I'm over looking here is a sample:

# 'Jackson-rf' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host
 ; Name of host template to use

        host_name               Jackson-rf
        alias                   NT Server Jackson RF
        address                 10.10.30.12
        parents                 Jackson-router
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        check_period            24x7
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        contact_groups          nt-admins
        }

# Service definition
define service{
        use
generic-service         ; Name of service template to
use

        host_name                       Jackson-rf
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  nt-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command