nagios 2.x and ndoutils

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Nov 3 12:07:24 CET 2006

mike conigliaro wrote:
> first of all, thanks to everyone who has taken the time to get back to me on
> this (for the benefit of everyone else here, it might be a good idea to reply
> back to the group from now on rather than directly to me, but i digress =).
>
> i have ndoutils up and running now, but i was disappointed to find out that
> performance data does not seem to go into the database (by default anyway).
> does anyone know if there's a way to enable this?  maybe its coming in a future
> release?  if not, i guess perfparse will continue to work for me, but id like to
> do everything with ndo if possible (its a lot less complicated).

It's trivial to write a module that stores only performance data
wherever you want it. I agree with you that the lack of ABI
documentation is somewhat disconcerting, but sifting through the example
module (helloworld.c?) and reading the header-files gives, with half an
hour of good old trial and error hacking, a pretty robust understanding
of how it works. The interface is remarkably simple for the things it
lets you do.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se