alloca.h does not exist in FreeBSD.

Fri Nov 3 10:39:23 CET 2006

I had this as well (FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE.)
alloca.h is a common file for Linux installations, but is not required
as such on FreeBSD.

After hunting around on the net, I found the solution is to create a
file at "/usr/include/alloca.h" with the single line: "#include <stdlib.h>"
eg.

echo "#include <stdlib.h>" > /usr/include/alloca.h

Then re-compile Nagios plugins.  You may need to set
CCFLAGS="-I/usr/include" but I think this is a standard search path anyway.

Andy.