Help with check_http

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Nov 2 17:20:33 CET 2006

401 is Authorization Required, 403 is Permission Denied. If the OP were
to access http://servername.domainname or http://192.168.13.2 they would
see the same permission denied error. This is likely due to HTTP
configuration or there is no default index document in the server
document root. The web server logs should detail the exact reason for
the denial. The OP should probably use the -H to specify the actual
website hostname to check in addition to -I.

--
Marc