snmp traps

Vinod vins192004 at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 09:39:47 CEST 2006

Hi

I tried to configure nagios to listen to snmp traps from a host.
i have been referring to  documents
http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9559/sam0503g/
http://www.snmptt.org/docs/snmptt.shtml#Integration-with-other-software

i am totally confused after trying both these documents

Both have a different way to capture the snmp traps
One uses snmptraphandling.py script and other uses submit_check_result.

Secondly
http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9559/sam0503g/
speicifes

use    passive-check-template
but its not mentioned how to define the passive-check-template
if i set
check_period    none
nagios does not start

Would appreciate ideas on configuring my monitoring server to receive snmp traps and which documents should i refer.

Regards
Vinod Moraes