Nagios cgi-bin error

atstake atstake atstake at gmail.com
Sat May 27 02:37:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 5/27/06, frank <ratty at they.org> wrote:
> You do not have "Indexes" enabled for your cgi-bin directory, that's why
> you can't browse it. This is a good thing.

I have just added "Options Indexes" in httpd.conf. It still says
"Permission Denied".
The current httpd.conf looks like this

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /var/www/mysite/nagios/cgi-bin
<Directory /var/www/mysite/nagios/cgi-bin>
    Options ExecCGI
    Options Indexes
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Nagios Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /var/www/mysite/nagios/cgi-bin/.nagios_passwd
    Require user nagiosadmin
</Directory>

> And finally, does the "/var/run/nagios/" directory exist? If not then the
> file "/var/run/nagios/nagios.pid" is not likely to be written.
> If the directory does exist, is it writable by the nagios user or nagios
> group?

Success! I have created the directory "/var/run/nagios/", chown'd to
_nagios:_nagios. And Nagiosn starts successfully. It has been
deamonized and I can see it running by doing a "ps"; shell return code
is also 0. So, nagios is up and listening.