Connection Timed Out

Ian Marks imarks at comcast.net
Fri May 26 19:06:35 CEST 2006

I ran into this issue several weeks ago. By default, NSCA runs in
"single" mode. By changing my init start up script to run NSCA in daemon
mode, connections were able to successfully establish and events started
to pass. You can test by starting nsca on the central server with the
following command, of course setting your correct paths..

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nsca -d -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nsca.cfg

Ian