Distributed Nagios problem!

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri May 26 09:40:54 CEST 2006

Sysit,

We had this problem (for SNMPtrap processing), which we've documented
here: http://altinity.blogs.com/dotorg/2006/05/immediate_perfo.html

The short answer is that you need to make sure the host check command
executes as quick as possible because it holds up other processing.

This patch may help you, but you have to be careful: http://
altinity.blogs.com/dotorg/2006/05/reducing_host_c.html

Ton

On 26 May 2006, at 03:13, SYSIT wrote:

> I have used nfs (on a netapp device) to submit  check result from
> slave server  to central server.
>
> But now another problem happed:  central server can’t  deal  with
> so many  passive check result.
>

> It’s about 150 check result per second submit  into  nagios.cmd.
>
> On central server , I found Nagios use more process to process
> check result ,
>
>  it’s  about  add 2 nagios process one minutes.
>
> So 4 hours later, my nagios server have  1k  nagios process, and
> system crashed.

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725