NSCPlus (aka clearly im stupid)

Travis Llewellyn travisll at comfedcu.org
Tue May 23 15:47:04 CEST 2006

For sake of simplicity here is how I have things setup on my nagios server.
I am running nsclient++ on all my windows servers with the included nsc.ini.
On the Nagios Box I am using check_nrpe

I am checking these things for each server

C Drive

CPU

D Drive

Paged Memory

Physical Memory

Planar Temp

Processor Temp

Virtual Memory

Here are the commands for each one.

define  command {
        command_name    CheckDriveSize
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 5666 -c CheckDriveSize -a Drive=$ARG1$ ShowAll MaxWarn=$ARG2$ MaxCrit
=$ARG3$
        }

define  command {
        command_name    check_ncs_cpu
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 5666 -c checkCPU -a warn=$ARG1$ crit=$ARG2$ time=60m time=30m time=5m
        }

define  command {
        command_name    check_ncs_mem
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 5666 -c checkmem -a type=$ARG1$ MaxWarn=$ARG2$ MaxCrit=$ARG3$
        }

define  service {
        hostgroup_name                  branch_servers
        service_description             C Drive
        is_volatile                     0
        check_command                   CheckDriveSize!C:!50%!75%
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           2
        retry_check_interval            1
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        check_period                    24x7
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        contact_groups                  nt-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notifications_enabled           1
        register                        1
        }

define  service {
        hostgroup_name                  branch_servers
        service_description             CPU
        is_volatile                     0
        check_command                   check_ncs_cpu!75!85
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           2
        retry_check_interval            1
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        check_period                    24x7
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        contact_groups                  nt-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notifications_enabled           1
        register                        1
        }

define  service {
        hostgroup_name                  branch_servers
        service_description             D Drive
        is_volatile                     0
        check_command                   CheckDriveSize!D:!50%!75%
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           2
        retry_check_interval            1
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        check_period                    24x7
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        contact_groups                  nt-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notifications_enabled           1
        register                        1
        }

define  service {
        hostgroup_name                  branch_servers
        service_description             Paged Memory
        is_volatile                     0
        check_command                   check_ncs_mem!paged!80%!90%
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           2
        retry_check_interval            1
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        check_period                    24x7
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        contact_groups                  nt-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notifications_enabled           1
        register                        1
        }

define  service {
        hostgroup_name                  branch_servers
        service_description             Physical Memory
        is_volatile                     0
        check_command                   check_ncs_mem!physical!80%!90%
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           2
        retry_check_interval            1
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        check_period                    24x7
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        contact_groups                  nt-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notifications_enabled           1
        register                        1
        }

define  service {
        hostgroup_name                  branch_servers
        service_description             Planar Temp
        is_volatile                     0
        check_command                   check_snmp!.1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1.700.20.1.6.1.2!700!1100
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           2
        retry_check_interval            1
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        check_period                    24x7
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        contact_groups                  nt-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notifications_enabled           1
        register                        1
        }

define  service {
        hostgroup_name                  branch_servers
        service_description             Processor Temp
        is_volatile                     0
        check_command                   check_snmp!.1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1.700.20.1.6.1.1!600!1100
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           2
        retry_check_interval            1
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        check_period                    24x7
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        contact_groups                  nt-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notifications_enabled           1
        register                        1
        }

Travis Llewellyn
Network Administrator
Communication Federal Credit Union
travisll at comfedcu.org

Matthew 5:44 Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you...