NSclient windows plugin

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Mon May 22 13:41:56 CEST 2006

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Oliver Marshall wrote:

> Anyone here managed to get the NSClient working
> (http://nsclient.ready2run.nl/) ?
>
> I have installed the windows and linux ends. The windows end is fine and
> is running happily. The linux end is causing config issues in nagios.
>
> I have copied over the check_nt file to the libexec folder
> (/usr/local/libexec). I have added the following to the command.cfg
> file;
>
> command[check_nt_disk]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
> USEDDISKSPACE -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
> command[check_nt_cpuload]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
> CPULOAD -l $ARG1$
> command[check_nt_uptime]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
> UPTIME
> command[check_nt_clientversion]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p
> 1248 -v CLIENTVERSION
> command[check_nt_process]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
> PROCSTATE -l $ARG1$
> command[check_nt_service]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
> SERVICESTATE -l $ARG1$
> command[check_nt_memuse]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
> MEMUSE -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
> command[check_nt_fileage]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
> FILEAGE -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
>
> I have also created the correct (?) entries in hosts.cfg and
> services.cfg.
>
> However, when I verify the nagios.cfg file using "nagios -v nagios.cfg"
> it says that the command I have listed in the services.cfg file isn't
> setup in the command.cfg file.
>
> The check_command line in my services entry states;
>
> check_command                   check_nt_disk C 10 50

Do you have "!" between the componenets above?  My text email client
doesn't see any.  Nagios expects "!" as a separator.

> which is the disk letter for $arg1$, warning level for $arg2$ and
> critical level for $arg3$. I have also tried the actual command line,
> which is;
>
> check_nt -H 192.168.100.241 -p 1248 -v USEDDISKSPACE -l C -w 20 -c 30
>
> The actual error that nagios returns when doing a verify is;
>
> "Service check command 'check_nt_disk C 10 50' specified in service
> 'Disk Check' for host 'G2SUPPORT_LAPTO.g2support.local' not defined
> anywhere!"
>
> :S
>
> Any idea why its not picking up the new commands in command.cfg ? I have
> tried rebooting the Nagios server, so nagios picks up the new settings.
>
> Olly
> p.s. Also, is there a way to force nagios to update its settings from an
> SSH session without a server reboot ?

In the linux world - server reboot is a rare requirement.

Most conditions, send the Nagios daeom a HUP will cause it to re-read its
configuration file.

However if you are using features like state retention, and make changes
to those parameters, you wil want to stop and start the nagios daemon.

--
-sg