large text in nagios.cmd

Stephane Le Grand stephanelegr at gmail.com
Mon May 22 09:16:16 CEST 2006

Hello,
I have a problem with nagios

I use a lot of passive services and I have some scripts that write a
process_service_check_result into the nagios.cmd file and also log
before writing into the cmd file.

The length of the written line is variable, and sometimes it can be
verry verry long.

All the passive services are volatile.

Usually after the line is written in the cmd file nagios logs an
external_command_process_service_check_result, then aservice_alert and
then a service_notification.

A few days ago something strange happened:

-For one specific passive service that has one specific script writing
Nagios stopped logging the external command, the service alert and the
service notification for one specific service only.
-The script keeps writing data into nagios.cmd and log files (as I did
a manual debug)
-All other passive services that have scripts writing lines into
nagios.cmd work fine.
-The status data is shown in the web interface but I receive no email alert.

I use Nagios 1.2

Thank you for your help

Stephane