Problem with cgi's with Version 2.3.1 on Fedor a Core 5

Jeff Rendl jeff.rendl at ifsna.com
Fri May 19 21:55:35 CEST 2006

Just wanted to say thanks to Ian for pointing me in the right direction, and
Myles for a solution that worked.

The error I was getting:

May 17 23:32:28 localhost kernel: audit(1147926748.879:30): avc:  denied  {
execute } for  pid=3173 comm="httpd" name="tac.cgi" dev=dm-0 ino=1899625
scontext=root:system_r:httpd_t:s0 tcontext=root:object_r:usr_t:s0
tclass=file

The solution:

chcon -R --reference=/var/www/cgi-bin /usr/local/nagios/sbin

Link to full explanation for solution:

http://www.nagios-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81&sid=e75d77315d9c94b68
899bc64d7d94d10

-Jeff