monitoring esx vmfs

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri May 19 18:36:48 CEST 2006

If I've found the same plugin you did, it's just a perl wrapper for
/usr/sbin/vdf. Can you run /usr/sbin/vdf as the nagios user? If not, it
likely needs root privs to run. You can either allow nagios to call it
via sudo (using visudo to grant permissions and changing the plugin to
call 'sudo /usr/sbin/vdf' _or_ give /usr/sbin/vdf the suid bit to allow
any user to execute it with root permissions (chmod u+s /usr/sbin/vdf).

--
Marc