CGI's not reading the cgi.cfg file??

Janet Post Janet.Post at excapsa.ca
Wed May 17 05:34:17 CEST 2006

Hello,

A couple of the CGI binarys are not honouring the cgi.cfg file directive
for authorized users.  My cfg.cfg contains these two lines:

authorized_for_all_services=*
authorized_for_all_hosts=*

which should theoretically give access to anyone who authenticates to
the webserver, (which is configured to use Kerberos).

The problem is, some CGI's are not honouring the wildcard, nor do they
honour a specific username.  I went into contacts.cfg and made my
contact name match the REMOTE_USER name (which meant adding the
@FQDN.COM to the end of my username) and suddenly I can see all the
hosts for whom I am a contact.  I understand that this is the default
behaviour, but I would like to know why the cgi's are either not reading
or ignoring the config file.  The CGI's in question are:

Statusmap.cgi
Trends.cgi
Histogram.cgi
History.cgi
Summary.cgi

Other CGI's do honour the "authorized_for_all..." directives:

Status.cgi
Statuswrl.cgi
Avail.cgi

Anyone have any ideas?  How can I fix this without adding
upper-management to EVERY contact list.  (Ugh!)

Thanks for your time.