Compile nagios-2.3.1 on Solaris 8

Luc I. Suryo luc at suryo.com
Wed May 17 05:21:50 CEST 2006

> > I've a problem compiling the new 2.3.1 on Solaris 8 with
> > SUN Studio 11 and gcc-3.4.3
> >
> > compiling cgi/getcgi.c fails with the error that INT_MAX is
> > undefined.
>
> Yes, same here.  I am not sure of what INT_MAX is supposed to be.

1. ok i checked sys/types.h and indeed it depend on KERNEL being defined..
so what I *think* should happend is to check against iso/limits_iso.h
if exist add that in the include/config.h file.. done by the
configuration script...

2. also lost of redefined of RTLD_NOW and RTLD_GLOBAL
these are already defined in /usr/include/dlfcn.h...

3. the module directry fails, it could be ignored (the xampel helloworld
module).... i will need more time to check what's up with that,
otherwise it compiled just fine....

tested on Solaris 8/sparc Sun Studio 10

-ls