Nagios Host Check

Ron Wilson ron at tvnz.co.nz
Wed May 17 01:17:03 CEST 2006

OK I accept that but if it is something like an external router or
similar where there is nothing else I need to check or can check, I jus
want to know if it is down, what service can I define so that it keeps
Nagios happy. Can I do a dummy service connectivity check?

> Subject: [Nagios-users] Nagios Host Check
>
> I have several hosts that I just want to check connectivity nothing
else.
> If I put the hosts in the hosts file Nagios complains that there are
no
> services defined for this hosts. It still works but I want to get rid
of
> the error message. Do I need to create some form of dummy service to
> remove error message

You need to define at least one service that is checked per host.

http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=39 and first section of
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/networkreachability.html

--
Marc

reporting any issue.

CAUTION: This e-mail and any attachment(s) contains information that
is intended to be read only by the named recipient(s). It may contain
information that is confidential, proprietary or the subject of legal
privilege. This information is not to be used by any other person
and/or organisation. If you are not the intended recipient, please
advise us immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. Do not
use any information contained in it.

online at http://www.tvnz.co.nz