trouble installing plugins --with-openssl under ubuntu 5.10

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon May 15 17:05:10 CEST 2006

[chop]

> This is despite me having openssl installed as the notes suggest.
None of
> those files it is searching for seem to exist on my box (with the
> exception
> of crypto.h, but that was hardly a surprise).  What am I missing?  I
tried
> running apt-get install openssl-dev[el],  but it doesn't seem to exist
> under
> that name here.
>

> I am sure this is just something basic that I am not seeing at the
moment,
> but would really appreciate all hints and help available.

I don't use Ubuntu but looking through the package list at
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/warty/main/binary-i386/, it
appears that it's called 'libssl-dev' --

Package: libssl-dev
Section: libdevel
Installed-Size: 6924
Maintainer: Christoph Martin <christoph.martin at uni-mainz.de>
Architecture: i386
Source: openssl
Version: 0.9.7d-3
Depends: libssl0.9.7 (= 0.9.7d-3)
Conflicts: ssleay (<< 0.9.2b), libssl08-dev, libssl09-dev,
libssl095a-dev, libssl096-dev
Filename: pool/main/o/openssl/libssl-dev_0.9.7d-3_i386.deb
Size: 2476860
MD5sum: da83dfa031bd3bbc4d737ec14578cdaa
 libssl and libcrypt development libraries, header files and manpages
 .
 It is part of the OpenSSL implementation of SSL.
Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Origin: Ubuntu

--
Marc