Memory Leak on Nagios 2.3 ?

Eli Stair estair at ilm.com
Fri May 12 18:33:33 CEST 2006

At the very least, you'd need to get a look at how much Nagios itself is using, not just system-totals (check the manpage for interpreting results of free).  Try 'top -n1 -p $nagiospid' or 'ps -F -p $nagiospid'.  I've gone through several sessions of this (one recently on 2.3) and haven't noticed any egregious leaks.

/eli

PS -- this isn't a very good way to do memory profiling, but useful to rule out when you're suspicious a process is inflating.