Scheduled Downtime Seg Fault

David Schlecht dschlecht at doit.nv.gov
Fri May 12 23:55:26 CEST 2006

Hi All,

We've recently upgraded to v2.2. For the most part, we're very happy
 with the Nagios product. However, there has been an outstanding
 problem that we keep hoping to see fixed.

The Scheduled Downtime feature is unusable at our site because it
 often causes a seg fault, crashing Nagios, when exiting from scheduled
 downtime.

The problem has been plauging us since we first tried Nagios, v1.2.
 It doesn't seem to be system specific since it fails on I64, x86,
 and zVm machines. The only common denominator is that we use some
 version of the SuSE OS on all our Nagios machines.

Furthermore, the seg fault only occurs once in about 20 uses.

Two questions:

1. Has anyone else seen this?

2. Is there any way to report this bug so a developer experienced
 with the code can look at it?

Thanks for your attention.

- David Schlecht (dschl)

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html