R: acknowledge

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Thu May 11 17:21:34 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 17:01 +0200, Marco Borsani wrote:
> Well...
>
> I try link you suggested me, but I do not understand how it can help me....

You said "My target is to reduce the number of CRITICAL flags on the
Nagios Web Page."

I'm giving you a quick, easy, and "correct" way to accomplish this.

> By the way, does anyone may give me any information regarding acknowledge
> procedure and its purpose?

We don't understand what you're asking here, exactly.

Acknowledging a problem allows Nagios to continue checking the service
until it recovers, but doesn't send alerts.  the implication is that you
(or whoever) is Acknowledging that they know about the problem, and are
working on it.  Hence the name.

Does that answer your question?