acknowledge

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Thu May 11 15:45:19 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 11:13 +0200, ThomasC. wrote:
> Marco Borsani a écrit :
>
> > I have several services in CRITICAL state, I disabled checks and
> > notifications because I know that those will remain in that condition for a
> > long period.
> > Is there anything that I can do to change their status? My target is to
> > reduce the number of CRITICAL flags on the Nagios Web Page.
> What i do when i am in your situation, i send a passive check for
> service(submit passive check result for this service) from the web
> interface and add a comment.

My solution here is to change the default web page to filter out Ack'd
and Downtime'd hosts and services.

I think that's a lot more "correct" a solution, personally.  I would not
like people falsely changing the state of services or hosts.

Not to mention, such a false submission would be over-ridden by the
active service check within 3-5 minutes.

https://yournagioshost/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?host=all&hoststatustypes=15&hostprops=10&servicestatustypes=28&serviceprops=10&sorttype=1&sortoption=6