Check Printer QUEUE on Windows w2k /2003

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu May 11 03:10:13 CEST 2006

I looking for a method to check the printer queue on Windows server (like if
more than 10 jobs i queue then warning or critical)
I tried the snmp check /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp_win.pl (very
good) but i can just test the "Service" Spooler.
I looked att nagiosexchange.org and on google. NADA
Anyone who has a clue how i can do this with SNMP or with NRPE ?

We do it using pNSclient 2.x.  Then you can check any perfmon counter.

Alternatively, install the perfMIB stuff so that you can access the perfmon
counters via SNMP, or install something like NC_Net which has both NRPE and
pNSclient functionality.

Steve