One more question...

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Wed May 10 23:47:00 CEST 2006

The problem looks like it's that you're running Sun make with gcc, and
that can occasionally cause strangeness with makefiles expecting GNU
make.  You're getting Sun compiler flags passed to gcc, and it's
barfing on them.

Using GNU make (which you may already have installed as "gmake") may
give you better results.