About object definitions.

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed May 10 22:57:58 CEST 2006

Yep. http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/templaterecursion.html. Add
'register 0' to your template object.

"register	[0/1]

The third variable is register. This variable is used to indicate
whether or not the object definition should be "registered" with Nagios.
By default, all object definitions are registered. If you are using a
partial object definition as a template, you would want to prevent it
from being registered (an example of this is provided later). Values are
as follows: 0 = do NOT register object definition, 1 = register object
definition (this is the default). This variable is NOT inherited; every
(partial) object definition used as a template must explicitly set the
register directive to be 0. This prevents the need to override an
inherited register directive with a value of 1 for every object that
should be registered."