Check_load

Johan Corsini johan.corsini at guest.minfin.fed.be
Wed May 10 17:51:49 CEST 2006

As far as I understand :

In your example, it means that during the last 15 minutes, there was, at a
said time, 0.53 processes using the cpu to do something, or waiting to be
allowed to use the cpu.  At this time, the other processes were not doing
anything, nor waiting to do something.  They were probably in idle mode,
having really nothing to do...

It is not because a process is in the "top" list that it is either using the
cpu, or waiting for it.

If I am wrong, please someone correct me.  But we are indeed beyond the
context of Nagios, so we should maybe continue this conversation out of the
list.

Johan