any way to specify source address for server?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue May 9 20:15:34 CEST 2006

Or
> is this at least coming in a future release?

As with almost every application, this is controlled by the routing
tables of your Operating System. Unless you specify a more specific
route out a different interface for your destinations, the OS will
always route traffic out your default gateway interface, sourced from
that interface.

This question has come up before and though I am not authoritative on
plugin development (which you are really talking about), it is almost
certain that the plugins will continue to rely on the OS for proper
routing.

If you're restricting access on remote hosts by IP, (as we do), you can
static NAT your nagios host IP at a firewall/other device or move the IP
when you change hosts.

--
Marc