checking ISAKMPD and dependency of remote hosts on ISAKMPD

Jacob Yocom-Piatt dick at uchicago.edu
Tue May 9 16:29:43 CEST 2006

---- Original message ----
>Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 08:16:48 +0200 (CEST)
>From: Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org>
>Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] checking ISAKMPD and dependency of remote hosts on
ISAKMPD
>To: Jacob Yocom-Piatt <dick at uchicago.edu>
>
>On Mon, 8 May 2006, Jacob Yocom-Piatt wrote:
>
>> i'm trying to get nagios to run a check on the isakmpd (UDP port 500) service on

>Have you even READ the replies before you send this again? Resending
>questions to a mailinglist is regardad as if you do not care about the
>rest of the world.
>
>Read the instructions before you ever post to a mailinglist again:
>http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>Hugo.

hugo,

i sent that second email quite some time ago, while the
nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net mailing list wasn't relaying messages. i sent
the second one because i wasn't sure if the first had reached the list.

the first one was sent at 05/07/06 08:08 and i only saw it come into my inbox at
05/08/06 12:19. the second one went out at 05/08/06 07:05 and arrived at
05/08/06 02:59. my second post was in no way meant as an attack on your reply,
which appears to be spot on, although i haven't yet given your suggestion a shot.

jake