How to reset status?

Michael Radzicki Michael.Radzicki at equilend.com
Tue May 9 14:45:01 CEST 2006

Hello list users. Maybe one of you can help me with this question. I
defined a very simple check_http command as listed below:

define command{

        command_name    check_qa_http

        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -S

        }

The matching entry in the services.cfg file is:

define service{

 use    generic-service

 host_name   qa.myhost.com

 service_description  HTTP

 is_volatile   0

 check_period   24x7

 max_check_attempts  3

 normal_check_interval  5

 retry_check_interval  1

 contact_groups   admins

 notification_interval  120

 notification_period  24x7

 notification_options  w,u,c,r

 check_command   check_qa_http

 }

And in the hosts.cfg file, the entry that defines qa.myhost.com is:

define host{

        host_name               qa.myhost.com

        alias                   qa.myhost.com

        address                 172.x.x.x

        check_command           check-host-alive

        max_check_attempts      10

        notification_interval   120

        notification_period     24x7

        notification_options    d,r

        contact_groups          admins

        }

Now my problem. About 10 days ago we took this server that hosts
qa.myhost.com offline to do some maintenance. I never told nagios to
ignore the warnings or errors that the monitor for qa.myhost.com was
throwing. After two days of showing that qa.myhost.com was "critical",
the server came back on line, but nagios still shows the monitor for
qa.myhost.com as being "critical". If I run the check_http command from
the command line, it comes back fine.

[root at eqnymon01:/usr/local/nagios/libexec:93]$ ./check_http -H
qa.myhost.com -S

HTTP OK HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 5160 bytes in 0.053 seconds
|time=0.053020s;;;0.000000 size=5160B;;;0

So if this command comes back OK, why does nagios still read "critical",
and how can I reset nagios? Starting and stopping the nagios process
didn't do it. Can someone please help? Thanks.

Mike R