Host Checks NEVER Happen

Matthew Jurgens nagios at edcint.co.nz
Tue May 9 04:11:34 CEST 2006

       notification_options            d,u,r,f
       notifications_enabled           1
       register                        0
       }

define  host {
           use std_host
       host_name                       noddy
       alias                           noddy
       address                         192.168.0.78
       }

define  service {
   name    std_service
   hostgroup_name            gw
   is_volatile            0
   max_check_attempts        2
   normal_check_interval        1
   retry_check_interval        1
   active_checks_enabled        1
   passive_checks_enabled        1
   check_period            24x7
   parallelize_check        1
   obsess_over_service        1
   check_freshness            0
   event_handler_enabled        1
   flap_detection_enabled        1
   process_perf_data        1
   retain_status_information    1
   retain_nonstatus_information    1
   contact_groups            admin
   notification_interval        240
   notification_period        24x7
   notification_options        w,u,c,r,f
   notifications_enabled        1
   register            0   ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - ITS NOT A
REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
   }

[...]

   use std_service
   host_name            noddy