No mail, no idea why not

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue May 9 00:48:52 CEST 2006

[config chopped, thanks]

> I can send mail from the command line on this machine to the email
> address specified in the hosts.cfg.  No errors in nagios.log.  Can
> anyone suggest where else to look?

Do you see NOTIFICATION being logged in nagios.log? If you do, can you
run your notify-by-mail command exactly as it's defined (substituting
appropriate macro information) _as the nagios user_? You didn't share it
so we don't know if there's anything wrong with the syntax. Do you see
any indication of the MTA on your nagios box receiving the notification?
Delivery failures?

Nagios version and OS version would be informative as well.

--
Marc