Check_NTP issues

John Jolet john at jolet.net
Fri May 5 16:12:50 CEST 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 07:36, Tiago Cruz wrote:
> Now, I'm just try find a way to monitory all the servers and discover how
> have a unsynchronized clock, but I'm not sure that what I have to do :)
>
> Please, say if I'm correct: All the servers MUST be listen in all
> interfaces, and not only in localhost to work?
>
> Many thanks by attention!
not necessarily.  You can use nrpe to run the check_ntp locally on those hosts
that do not need to listen to ntp requests from the net.  In fact, if you are
doing nrpe checks for other things on those hosts, that's how i would set it
up.  No reason for a host to listen on all interfaces just so you can check
whether it's clock is synchronized....

--
John Jolet
Your On-Demand IT Department