Check_NTP issues

Tiago Cruz tiagocruz at forumgdh.net
Fri May 5 14:36:47 CEST 2006

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>> Yes, the ntpd daemon is only listen no 127.0.0.1. I did a test, please look:
>
> Pardon me for noting. But shouldn't you setup ntp correctly before you
> start to setup monitoring it? Untill ntp is working and keeping everything
> in sync I would not spend another second on trying to make a ntp service
> check work.

Ok, I agree with you. But I have ~300 servers, and the NTP is running and
working in some ones, not in every servers. I didn't know about this
configuration (ntpd only listen in localhost) and I'm very been thankful to this
list to help me to find this problem.

Now, I'm just try find a way to monitory all the servers and discover how have a
unsynchronized clock, but I'm not sure that what I have to do :)

Please, say if I'm correct: All the servers MUST be listen in all interfaces,
and not only in localhost to work?

Many thanks by attention!

--

Tiago Cruz