Nagios 2.2 Extended host/service Core dumps

Garrett, Matt M SITI-ITISEEEE matt.garrett at shell.com
Thu May 4 15:33:03 CEST 2006

Folks

After using Nagios 1.2 for years , decided to upgrade to Nagios 2.2

There seems to be a problem with the number of entries in the
Extended host/service cfg file.

If I have 43 or less Extended host info Defines , than Nagios works fine.

If however I go over the 43 mark , it seg dump on me.

# ../bin/nagios -v nagios.cfg

Nagios 2.2
Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 04-07-2006
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Segmentation Fault
#

I am using the exact same Extended file , that I was using on Nagios 1.2

Last few lines of Extended hostinfo

# Extended info for client Host1 linux using info.cgi script
define hostextinfo{
host_name       host1
notes_url       info.cgi?host=host1&type=linux&comment=linux server &l
ocation=3110&machine=xw8200 &serial=X&fname=matt&lname=garrett&phone=8373&racf=w
ymgan
icon_image      linux.gif
icon_image_alt  host1 S/N - linux server  - Location 3110 - Name matt
garrett - Phone 8373 - RACF wymgan
vrml_image      linux.png
statusmap_image linux.gd2
2d_coords       220,
3d_coords       100.0,50.0,75.0
}

Matthew Garrett
Linux / Unix IMG Support EPE
Seafield House, North Anderson Drive, Aberdeen AB15 6GZ, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1224 81 8373 Other Tel: Internal 630 8373
Email:
Internet: http://www.shell.com