Problem: host UP messages

Frank Guarino Frank.Guarino at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 3 19:13:54 CEST 2006

Hi Everyone,

I'm still fairly new to Nagios and I'm having a problem with notifications.

I keep getting unwanted UP messages like:

 >Subject: PROBLEM alert - Host /xxxhostname.domainname/ is UP

>Host 'SunFire-880 - Solaris 9 - NBU Media Server 2' is UP
>Info: PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.29 ms
>Time: Fri Apr 28 14:16:19 PDT 2006

These messages only occur when a service is down (for something like
maintenance) but the host is up.  This is occurring from all
hosts/servers.  Also, these messages don't appear under the
'Notifications' page on the web interface.  I've adjusted the settings
and eliminated any 'Recovery' options for events or notifications, but I
still get the messages.

Has anyone seen these messages before?  Can anyone give me advice on
what setting I have wrong or is this a bug I need to report?

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Frank Guarino
-Frank.Guarino at Jpl.nasa.gov