Event broker causing graph gaps?

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Fri Mar 31 17:00:38 CEST 2006

I've experimented with the cause/effect relationship of the NDO utils
running as the event broker, and I can say positively that it is
"causing" my service graphs to have lots of gaps for checks that write
metrics to RRD files.

I'm honestly at a loss as to why, though.

The load hasn't gone up on the nagios server (if anything, it's gone
down a bit).

The MySQL backend is very comfy (low load, again).

All rrd writes are done *within* the plugin (both with an apan wrapper
and custom scripts).

Yet, the checks appear to be happening (alerts are still going out,
etc).

Definitely perplexing.  Any ideas?