question related to host dependencies

enediel gonzalez enediel at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:58:06 CEST 2006

Hello:
for testing purposes the hostname Router is permanently down, also
hp_printer

I have this declaration in
/usr/local/nagios/etc/dependencies/dependencies.cfg
define hostdependency{
  host_name	Router
  dependent_host_name hp_printer
  notification_failure_criteria	d
}

in /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
soft_state_dependencies=1

According to the documentation if one host has multiple dependencies, all
the dependencies check should be passed to send host notifications.

in the current conditions it works fine, but if I add
define hostdependency{
  host_name	Internet
  dependent_host_name hp_printer
  notification_failure_criteria	d
}

where Internet is allways UP, I start receiving notifications that
hp_printer is down,

What I want to do is to create a complete tree of dependencies among host,
where if in one point  of my tree I have a host down, the subtree associated
doesn't send to me any notification.

Thanks in advance for any help
Enediel

Linux user 300141