Nagios - DB

Sumit Malhotra smalhotra at dataarmor.net
Tue Mar 28 16:48:38 CEST 2006

I tried adding support of nagios-db  to nagios2. But, when I add event
broker module "insert.o" to nagios.cfg , Nagios log shows following error:

--------------------------

[1143556204] Error: Could not load module
'/home/nagios-db/neb/postgres/inserter.o' ->
/home/nagios-db/neb/postgres/inserter.o: undefined symbol:
krb5_cc_get_principal

--------------------------------

 Earlier while compiling the module I had to drop the option -lkrb5 as it
was giving error finding library

---------------------------------

$:/home/nagios-db/neb/postgres# gcc -Wall -g -O2 -o inserter.o inserter.c
-shared -I/home/nagios-db/neb/nagios-cvs/include -I/usr/include/postgresql
/usr/lib/libpq.a -lssl  -lkrb5 -L/usr/lib -lcrypt

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lkrb5

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

--------------------------------------

 I know it has to do something with krb5 library. But I am unable to find.

OS version : debian sarge

Following packages are already installed

ii  libkrb53                 1.4.3-5                  MIT Kerberos runtime
libraries

ii  libsasl2-krb4-mit        2.1.19-1.1               Kerberos4  module for
SASL using MIT Kerberos

krb5 packages installs files in /usr/lib which is already included while
compiling event broker module.

Please help.

Thanks

Sumit