Pls Help

Chandresh Suthar chandresh.suthar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 12:39:30 CEST 2006

Dear All,

I am able to send mails to my persoanl email id by "mail" command.
But notification is not going. I have configured sendmail. I am not
even receiving mails on local system at nagios at localhost( I tried).
I am even not getting any error messages in logs of nagios.

I am using solaris 8. Pls also suggest how we can specify subject as in
solaris i did n't find option of specifying subject.

contacts.cfg
define contact{
        contact_name                    nagios
        alias                           Nagios Admin
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
        host_notification_options       d,u,r
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
        email                           sap-ops.mumbai at ril.com
        }
hostgroups.cfg

define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  solaris-boxes
        alias           Solaris Servers
        contact_groups  solaris-admins
        members         Blaze
}

contactgroups.cfg
define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       solaris-admins
        alias                   Solaris Administrators
        members                 nagios
}

define host{
        name                            generic-host    ; The name of this
host template - referenced in other host definition
s, used for template recursion/resolution
        notifications_enabled           1       ; Host notifications are
enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1       ; Host event handler is
enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1       ; Flap detection is enabled
        process_perf_data               1       ; Process performance data
        retain_status_information       1       ; Retain status information
across program restarts
        retain_nonstatus_information    1       ; Retain non-status
information across program restarts

        register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS
DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL HOST, JUST A TEMPLATE!
        }

hosts.cfg

# 'Solaris' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use
        host_name               Blaze
        alias                   Solaris Server
        address                 10.8.217.251
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   480
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

services.cfg

define service{
        name                            generic-service ; The 'name' of this
service template, referenced in other service def
initions
        active_checks_enabled           1       ; Active service checks are
enabled
        passive_checks_enabled          1       ; Passive service checks are
enabled/accepted
        parallelize_check               1       ; Active service checks
should be parallelized (disabling this can lead to maj
or performance problems)
        obsess_over_service             1       ; We should obsess over this
service (if necessary)
        check_freshness                 0       ; Default is to NOT check
service 'freshness'
        notifications_enabled           1       ; Service notifications are
enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1       ; Service event handler is
enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1       ; Flap detection is enabled
        process_perf_data               1       ; Process performance data
        retain_status_information       1       ; Retain status information
across program restarts
        retain_nonstatus_information    1       ; Retain non-status
information across program restarts

        register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS
DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
        }

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       Blaze
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  solaris-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }
misccommands.cfg

# 'notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-email
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService:
$SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$" |
/usr/bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is
$SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }

# 'host-notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
        command_name    host-notify-by-email
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState:
$HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $OUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time:
$DATETIME$\n" | /usr/bin/mail -s "Host $HOSTSTATE$ alert for $HOSTNAME$!"
$CONTACTEMAIL$
        }